Catch The Bus Month – Get On Board September 2023
Catch the Bus Month
This September is about celebrating all things catching the bus.
We are supporting CTBM this year in encouraging residents to catch the bus.
Travelling by bus can offer a range of benefits, including being cost-effective, environmentally friendly and convenient.
With adult single fairs capped this month at £2, it’s the perfect opportunity to explore a new area or try taking the bus for a journey you already take.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THE BUS?
Bus Users this year have provided information about how taking the bus could be beneficial to you and your community:
1. Operators have invested £2 billion over the last 5 years in new cleaner and greener buses, meaning the UK has its cleanest-ever bus fleet.
2. If everyone switched just one car journey a month to the bus, there would be a billion fewer car journeys and a saving of 2 million tonnes of carbon dioxide per year.
3. Buses provide an essential service for job seekers, more than three-quarters of who do not have access to a car.
4. Did you know a fully loaded double-decker bus can take 75 cars off the road.
5. Buses are also great for getting you out and about in fresh air. UK passengers on average undertake at least 20 minutes of exercise per day as part of their journey, which will often be cycling or walking before or after their bus journey.
*for sources or more facts please click here – CPT-Bus-Facts
Want more information about your local bus services don’t hesitate to get in contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org